You are invited to join The Melville Society
The Melville Society is dedicated to the study of the life and works of Herman Melville, and their cultural impact since the nineteenth century. The organization enjoys the fellowship of scholars, artists, teachers, writers, readers, and enthusiasts throughout the world.
All members receive our award-winning journal Leviathan, which is published three times a year by Johns Hopkins University Press, and offers scholarly articles, book and art reviews, Society news, and Melville-related current events.
Members pay their annual Melville Society dues directly to Johns Hopkins University Press where your subscription order doubles as your membership dues. Simply click here go to the JHUP website and place your order. You can also send orders by mail with payment to:
Johns Hopkins University Press
P.O. Box 19966
Baltimore, MD 21211-0966 USA
With subscriptions starting at just $25 per year, our membership remains an incredible bargain. Here is what you get:
1. Three issues of our award-winning journal Leviathan, which offers scholarly articles, book reviews, Society news, and Melville-related current events
2. Announcements of our annual programs and panels at the Modern Language Association and the American Literature Association
3. Invitations to our biennial international conferences. Recent venues include Lahaina, Maui; Poland; Jerusalem; Rome; Washington D.C.; London.
4. Access to the Melville Society Archive, a collection of over 2000 books on Melville at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Library
5. Updates on the Melville Society Cultural Project, which since 2001 has presented lectures, curated exhibits, organized conferences, and collaborated with local organizations in New Bedford, Massachusetts
In addition, your membership supports:
For further governance details, click here to see our By-Laws.